Welcome to our Job Postings Center. Here you will find all open potions with the Township of Franklin. To be notified of job opportunities please visit our E-Notification Center.
PLEASE NOTE:WE ARE AWARE OF AN ISSUE SOME USERS MAYBE EXPERIENCING WITH THE ONLINE JOB APPLICATION SYSTEM. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AND WOULD LIKE ASSISTANCE PLEASE EMAIL HELPDESK@TWP.FRANKLIN.NJ.US AND REPORT YOUR EXACT ISSUE AND THE WEB BROWSER YOU WERE USING AT THE TIME OF THE ISSUE. PLEASE USE THIS EMAIL ONLY FOR TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH THE APPLICATIONS.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$32,000 - $62,000/yr.
- Posted Date:03/13/2017 9:40 AM
Union: AFSCME 2859 - White Collar Clerical
Department: Code Enforcement
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Under direction of the Construction Official, this position has the technical responsibility for enforcing the adopted Building, Fire, Electrical, Mechanical and Plumbing Codes of the State of New Jersey, and as amended by the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code.
Works under the direct supervision of the Building, Fire, Electrical and/or Plumbing Subcode Officials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs field inspections for code compliance with the state uniform construction code;
• Maintains inspection records;
• Receives and examines construction documents;
• Answers questions and meets with contractors, architects, engineers and homeowners regarding the building codes;
• Provides inspection of construction in conformance to each Subcode for which the candidate is licensed and successfully hired in the capacity of;
• Ensures compliance with the construction documents and regulated codes;
• Enforces Uniform Construction Code to ensure the safety, health and welfare of the general public using and/or owning commercial/residential buildings and structures within the scope of construction;
• Performs complex technical work in the inspection of buildings for compliance with legal standards set forth by the Uniform Construction Code (UCC) including all adoptions and amendments therein;
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Advanced knowledge of a specialized or technical field or thorough knowledge of the practices and techniques of a professional field.
• Knowledge of New Jersey Uniform Construction Code.
• Knowledge of policies and procedures for enforcement of specialized fields/areas in which professional licenses are held.
• Ability to interpret relevant public health laws and apply them to specific cases.
• Ability to prepare clear and accurate reports of inspections containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees in all departments, Township officials and the general public.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to provide testimony in court.
• Ability to maintain records and files.
• Ability to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
• Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform duties of this position. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
• Ability to promptly answer questions from employees and the general public regarding enforcement of the Uniform Construction Code in a courteous, pleasant and professional manner.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent;
• Must possess a minimum of two of the following technical licenses issued by the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (DCA): Building, Fire, Electrical, Plumbing License Highrise-Hazardous Specialist (HHS).
• Must possess a valid New Jersey’s driver’s license.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
• Personal computer, including word processing and permitting software; motor vehicle; 10-key calculator; portable radio; phone; ladder or scaffolding; tape measure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Hand/ eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to use a ladder, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and smell.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee often works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme heat and/or cold, fumes or air born particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high in the field and low to occasionally moderate in the office setting.
THE TOWNSHIP OF FRANKLIN DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL PREFERENCE, AGE OR HANDICAP.
THE TOWNSHIP OF FRANKLIN IS A DRUG FREE WORK PLACE
Effective September 1, 2011, all employees of NJ State, County and Local government must reside in the State of New Jersey unless exempted under law.