Welcome to our Job Postings Center. Here you will find all open potions with the Township of Franklin. To be notified of job opportunities please visit our E-Notification Center.
PLEASE NOTE:WE ARE AWARE OF AN ISSUE SOME USERS MAYBE EXPERIENCING WITH THE ONLINE JOB APPLICATION SYSTEM. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AND WOULD LIKE ASSISTANCE PLEASE EMAIL HELPDESK@TWP.FRANKLIN.NJ.US AND REPORT YOUR EXACT ISSUE AND THE WEB BROWSER YOU WERE USING AT THE TIME OF THE ISSUE. PLEASE USE THIS EMAIL ONLY FOR TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH THE APPLICATIONS.
School Crossing Guard - Substitute
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$9.25/hr.
- Posted Date:08/31/2017 10:27 AM
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Under general supervision of the Chief of Police, this position is responsible for providing child pedestrian safety by facilitating the safe passage of school children across high traffic streets and intersections.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Directs street traffic at school crosswalks at several periods in the course of a school day related to school attendance hours.
• Provides safe crossing or passage of school children pursuant to the procedures learned in the specialized training course.
• Slows down fast moving traffic.
• Handles a variety of possible emergencies such as accidents.
• Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be of great moral character.
• Knowledge of proper procedures for directing traffic.
• Ability to handle traffic conditions promptly, tactfully and impartially.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to clearly observe vehicle and pedestrian traffic at acceptable distances and to hear at an acceptable level.
• Ability to display good judgement and respond quickly in emergencies.
• Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
• Ability to maintain discipline with school children.
• Ability to work in various weather conditions.
• Must be an adult citizen in good health and of great moral character.
• Must possess a valid N.J. State driver’s license and/or reliable transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Must be capable of standing and/or walking for 2 hours or more at a time.
• Must be able to lift and hold in position a stop sign weighing approximately one pound while holding the opposite hand in an upright, raised position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is often exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
EQUIPMENT & TRAINING
• The Township provides 22 hours of training as well as uniforms and required equipment.
NOTE: Substitute guards are eligible for regular appointment in the event of a vacancy.
Applications available at the Human Resources Office, 475 DeMott Lane, Somerset, NJ 08873 or on the Township website www.franklintwpnj.org
THE TOWNSHIP OF FRANKLIN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, SEXUAL PREFERENCE, RELIGION, AGE OR HANDICAP.
THE TOWNSHIP IS A DRUG FREE WORK PLACE.
Effective September 1, 2011, all employees of NJ State, County and Local government must reside in the State of New Jersey unless exempted under law.