Welcome to our Job Postings Center. Here you will find all open potions with the Township of Franklin. To be notified of job opportunities please visit our E-Notification Center.
PLEASE NOTE:WE ARE AWARE OF AN ISSUE SOME USERS MAYBE EXPERIENCING WITH THE ONLINE JOB APPLICATION SYSTEM. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AND WOULD LIKE ASSISTANCE PLEASE EMAIL HELPDESK@TWP.FRANKLIN.NJ.US AND REPORT YOUR EXACT ISSUE AND THE WEB BROWSER YOU WERE USING AT THE TIME OF THE ISSUE. PLEASE USE THIS EMAIL ONLY FOR TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH THE APPLICATIONS.
Class III Special Law Enforcement Officer
- Salary/Pay Rate:$35.00/hr.
- Posted Date:10/25/2018 3:54 PM
Salary Range: $35.00/hr.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This position will provide uniformed, armed security within the Township Schools and will play an integral part in fostering a positive relationship between the Township’s youth and the Police Department through the community policing philosophy. This position will also facilitate communication and cooperation between their respective schools and the Police Department.
The Class III Officer will report to the Sergeant within the Juvenile Bureau of the Investigative Division of the Police Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide a uniformed presence within Township schools.
• Interact with students throughout the school day.
• Act as a positive role model for the students in Township schools.
• Foster communication and act as a liaison between their respective school’s administration and the Police Department.
• Assist school security as necessary.
• Other duties as deemed appropriate by the Chief of Police.
• Must possess a Class “A” Police Training Certificate issued by the NJ Police Training Commission.
• Must have retired from a law enforcement agency in good standing.
• Must have retired from a law enforcement agency within the last 5 years. If appointed after July 1, 2018, must have retired within the last 3 years.
• Must be under the age of 65 at the time of appointment.
• Must successfully complete all mandatory agency training as outlined by NJ Attorney General Guidelines, including, but not limited to: Firearms Training, Uses of Force Training, CLEAR Training, CPR/First Responder.
• Ability to successfully complete an extensive psychological and physical exam prior to appointment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Applications available on the Township website: www.franklintwpnj.org
THE TOWNSHIP OF FRANKLIN DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATOIN, AGE OR HANDICAP.
THE TOWNSHIP OF FRANKLIN IS A DRUG FREE WORK PLACE