Community Resource & Services
935 Hamilton Street
Somerset, NJ 08873
Monday - Friday 8:30 AM- 4:30 PM
732-873-2500 ext. 6310
Municipal Welfare Hours Monday-Thursday 8:30 AM- 11 AM (For Applications, No Applications on Friday)
Diane Leach-Thompson – Director
Sharene Davenport - Case Worker
Stephanie Williams – Special Program Secretary
Mawiyah Holliman - Part Time Case Worker
The activities of the Department of Community Resource & Services are based on one general goal. This goal is to promote the dignity of Franklin Township residents through the provision of services that enhance positive development. The Department intends to include residents in the decision making process of program planning and in the provision of services. And, improve the quality and level of services as determined by community needs. Also, increase services in order to reach more youth in need of drug and alcohol abuse counseling and in order to prevent the initial abuse of drugs and alcohol.
MUNICIPAL WELFARE/GENERAL ASSISTANCE
- This program is open for Franklin Township Residents only!
- You must be 18 or older either single, married, or living together as partners (no minor children in your care or custody living in your home)
- Have no income such as: unemployment, SSI, SSD, Pension, Retirement benefits from Social Security or have your own business ( no income at all)
- Bank accounts must not be over $2,000, this includes savings, IRA’s, CD’s or money market.
- All information will be verified by this department.
Application hours are Monday –Thursday 8:30 am – 11:00 am. NO APPLICATIONS AFTER 11 AM.
DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS (SEE ATTACHED)