Phone: (732) 873-2500 Ext. 6230
Fax: (732) 873-5391
Belmar St, Dutton St, Girard Ave, and Hillcrest Ave.
732-873-2500 Ext. 6230
7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
The Engineering Department provides engineering and other technical services to the administration and all other departments of the Township. The Department implements the Capital Improvement plan, as authorized and funded by the Township Council, by planning and prioritizing needs, collecting information and preparing plans and specifications for the construction of various projects. The Engineering Department also manages, supervises and inspects the construction of improvements within the Township.
These projects include the following:
- Street Improvements
- Storm Sewer Construction and Repair
- Traffic Signal Construction and Improvements
- Municipal Parking Lot Construction and Improvements
- Municipal Buildings and Grounds Improvements and Repair
- Environmental Remediation on Municipal Properties
- Provide Flood Zone Determinations and Certifications
- Prepares Street Maps, Tax Maps, Ward Maps, and Drug Free Zone Maps
- Manage, Maintain and Improve the Township Geographical Information System (GIS)
Prepares and maintains maps, including the Official Tax Assessment Maps of the Township, as well as other records related to the Township Infrastructure. This includes public buildings, public property, storm sewers, streets and roads, public parks, municipal parking lots, traffic signals and street-side shade trees.
The Engineering Department provides technical assistance to the Planning Board, Board of Adjustment, and Zoning Office and reviews site plans and subdivision applications before the Boards. Upon approval by the respective Board, Engineering inspects the site construction of the development to ensure compliance with Board approvals.
Is also responsible for regulating and inspecting certain activities occurring within the Township. The Department issues permits for the following:
- Driveway construction and widening
- Tree Removal
- Soil Importation/Soil Exportation Permits
The Engineering staff is available to address public complaints, concerns and information requests with respect to streets and infrastructure conditions and other related matters in the public right-of-way.
CALL BEFORE YOU DIG!!!
Call NJ's One Call Bureau 3 Days before you dig:
811 or 1-800-272-1000.
NJ One Call
They are open 7 days a week/24 hours a day/365 days a year!
It's the law!
What do the colored marking or flags mean that are seen on your property?
RED - Electric
YELLOW - Gas, Oil, Steam
ORANGE - Communications, CATV
BLUE - Water
GREEN - Sewer