Franklin Township Police Department
Public Safety Building
RATES, ORDINANCE AND INFORMATION UPDATED. PLEASE READ THIS PAGE THOROUGHLY
Click Link Below
Township Ordinance § 226-32 Traffic controls for street and highway construction and maintenance operations. (UPDATED - New streets added)
May this serve as notice to any business or private person (Vendor) that may require hiring a police officer to perform security or traffic control within the Township of Franklin, Somerset County.
- An escrow account must be set up with the Finance Department via the Franklin Township Police Departments Professional Services Division. The attached Vendor Information sheet must be attached. Vendor Information Form
- Funds in 100% of the estimated job must be received by the Professional Services Division within the Franklin Township Police Department no later than 12 noon the day prior to the start of the job. If the job is on the weekend, funds must be submitted by 12 noon the Friday before the job. If funding is NOT received as specified above, the job will be cancelled.
- Certified bank checks or money orders should be made payable to the Franklin Township Police Department and delivered to 495 DeMott Lane, Somerset, NJ 08873, Attention Jennifer Glazewski.
- Outside Job rates are as follows: See Township Ordinance § 50-24 Police outside work/special police services. (If Ordinance is not updated online, a copy can be requested via email)
Traffic Details – $86.17 as of 01/01/19
Hours Officers can work – 9am to 3pm unless approved by the Traffic Safety Bureau
(732) 873-5533 Option 4 then 1.
Security Details - $64.94 as of 01/01/19
Officers can be in plain clothes by request.
These rates are inclusive of Administrative fees, Patrol Cars, Surcharges and insurance.
- Cancellation Policy:
- The Police Desk Officer at (732) 873-5533 ext 1005 must be notified two (2) hours prior to the job start time for Traffic and eight (8) hours prior to the start time for security.
- Less then 2 hours notification prior to the start time will require a 4 hour minimum to be paid/charged against your escrow account for all Traffic Details.
- Less then 8 hours notification prior to start time will require a 4 hour minimum to be paid/charged against your escrow account for all Security Details.
- Notification after job start time will require a 4 hour minimum to be paid/charged against your escrow account.
- If there are surplus funds, they may be retained for future jobs, or reimbursed by written request, by vendor to the Franklin Township Police Department, 495 DeMott Lane Somerset, NJ 08873, and Attention Jennifer Glazewski.
- Vendors that anticipate a job request not finishing on time, or emergent situations, should deposit additional funds to alleviate scheduling and payment problems. In the event funds are depleted before the job is finished, officers WILL NOT report to the job site until funds are replenished.
- Vendors that frequently use Franklin Township Police officers for Outside work assignments may deposit a lump sum of money into their account. It is the vendor’s responsibility to replenish funds cover jobs.