Franklin Township Police Department
Public Safety Building
To combat aggressive drivers within the township the police department for the last three years has been taking part in the state funded Aggressive Driver Enforcement Patrols. The program allows officers to go out and conduct strict enforcement of the motor vehicle law. The town is reimbursed for the officer's time by the state grant.
What is an aggressive driver?
- They are high-risk drivers that take their frustration out on anybody at anytime.
- For them frustration is high and concern is low.
- They run stop signs and red/amber lights, speed, tailgate, weave in and out of traffic, pass on the right, make unsafe lane changes, make hand and facial gestures, scream, honk and flash their lights.
What to do when confronted by an Aggressive Driver.
- Make very attempt to get out of their way and avoid them.
- Don't challenge them by speeding up.
- Avoid eye contact.
- Ignore gestures and do not return them.
- Report the incident to the appropriate authorities.
- If you observe that an aggressive driver has been involved in a crash, stay a safe distance from the scene until police arrive then report your observations.