Location: Corner of School Ave. & Berry St.
Please see the calendar link below for dates when the Convenience Center is open.
|Type of Vehicle||Description||Single Trip||6 Trip Pass|
|Car||1 or 2 Rows of Seats with a trunk||$15.00||$75.00|
|Small SUV||Must Have two rows of seating upright and in place at all times||$20.00||$100.00|
|SUV, Small Van / 1/4 Ton Pickup or Mini Van||Must have 2 rows of seating upright and in place at all times||$35.00||$175.00|
|Full Size Van / Cargo Van||No Seating Behind the Driver||$55.00||$275.00|
|Full Size Pick-Up||Any Pickup larger then 1/4 ton bed no longer than 8 ft.||$75.00||$375.00|
|Trailer **||No longer then 8 ft and not enclosed||$75.00||$375.00|
The Following Vehicles are Prohibited:
Commercial Vehicles (includes Home Depot & U-haul rentals and trailers)
Fees: $ 15.00 per Freon Appliance Dropped Off
$ 7.00 per tire Dropped Off
TO PURCHASE A PASS
Department of Public Works
40 Churchill Ave.
Somerset, NJ 08873
Monday - Friday 7:00 AM- 2:45 PM
Township Clerk’s Office
475 DeMott Ln.
Somerset, NJ 08873
Monday - Friday - 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Additional Rules and Information
- Renovation / Construction Materials / Debris – sheet rock, tile, concrete, brick, asphalt, rock, etc.
- Grass, tree stumps, tree trunks or tree parts from below ground level
- Railroad ties or Treated wood
- Household garbage, food wastes, cooking oil
- Hazardous Materials, pesticides, oil paint, chemicals, driveway sealer, etc**
- Propane Tanks**
No Pass is Required for the following recyclable items (on the days the convenience center is open):
- Metal Cans
- Glass Bottles
- Appliances (non-freon)
- Light Metal
- Brush – Shrub Trimmings, Hedge Clippings, branches not larger than 4” in diameter or 4 feet in length
- Leaf Bags - All leaves must be in brown paper recyclable leaf bags and cannot be emptied.
- Motor Oil
- Household batteries
- Pickup of Mulch
All items must be sorted as required and deposited in proper receptacles provided.