The Franklin Youth Initiative is made up of several subcommittees dedicated to making a positive change. Have an idea for a program that FYI should get involved with? Come to a meeting. Here's what we're up to...
F.Y.I. Subcommittees Goals and Objectives
- Provide a greater presence of the DARE program and provide new placement of the GREAT program in the elementary schools.
- Increase Business interaction with the schools and facilitate business working with the school systems to result in better job-preparedness skills, and career education for Franklin High School graduates.
- Provide readiness programs, employment, and internship programs for teenagers.
- Provide employment training and employment opportunities for the township's young adults.
- Provide funding sponsorships for the Franklin Youth Initiative programs.
- Ensure communications are available to the community to inform about services and programs that are available.
- Ensure all connections are made through networking to prevent duplication of services and programs and to capitalize on synergies.
- Expand Community Policing
- Implement Neighborhood Watch programs
- Implement a Police mentoring program
- Provide mental health counseling
- Provide probation services
- Provide a full time counselor to support the Teen Recreation program and families in need
- Provide Parental Mentoring programs
The Recreation and Youth Subcommittee encourages partnerships with families, schools, local business, local government agencies, the interfaith community, civic organizations and the entire community to help provide a bright future for young people. The subcommittee will promote the development of relevant, diversified, educational, recreational and other services within a safe and positive learning environment. This committee will support and promote programs that:
- Encourage cultural diversity awareness.
- Increase participants' ability to make positive choices about different issues.
- Increase trust and respect for other teens, adult mentors, and other authority figures.
- Motivate youth to stay in school and maintain passing grades.
- Provide opportunities for teens to get help with difficult personal and family issues.
- Provide a setting where youth can feel a sense of belonging and be off the streets in a positive, supportive environment.
- Teach youth positive means for resolving conflicts.
- Provide opportunities for new experiences in order to increase participants' recreation and job repertoires.
- Contribute to participants' personal growth and job readiness.
- Rooted in the values of our faith communities, and working collaboratively, we create opportunities that support, nurture, and guide the youth of Franklin Township to lead healthy and productive lives, supporting and promoting activities sponsored, toward this goal, by our individual houses of worship.
INTERESTED IN JOINING FYI? CALL US AT (732) 873-1991 OR
EMAIL US AND BE A DECISION MAKER IN YOUR COMMUNITY!