This year’s Franklin Day Festival is scheduled for Saturday, September 22, 2018 at Colonial Park, Somerset, NJ, from 12:00 pm until 5:00 pm in Lot C near the Children’s Playground. Due to the size and complexity of this one-day event no rain-date will be scheduled. Due to financial obligations and contractual commitments, there will be no refunds.
This is an outdoor community-wide celebration organized by the Franklin Day Festival Committee. The event features live entertainment, an art show, a classic car show, over 150 exhibitor tables with a wide range of artisans, businesses, service providers, community organizations as well as a host of FREE attractions for children. The purpose of the Franklin Day Festival is to bring the community together while providing a showcase for Township businesses, industries, agencies, schools, community organizations and the amazing diversity that Franklin Township has to offer. As always, this event will be heavily promoted. In 2017, the festival attracted a whopping 20,000 residents and attendees from neighboring Somerset and Middlesex County communities! It was also nominated for the 2017 Somerset County Salute to Tourism Award. The Franklin Day Festival Committee invites you to submit an application to become an exhibitor for this event.
EXHIBITOR FEES & DEADLINES
Standard booths are 10’ deep by 10’ wide. *Exhibitors can purchase additional booth width (w) in 10’ increments only. Two 10’dX10’w spaces will provide you with a 10’ x 20’ space, three 10’dX10’w spaces will provide you with a 10’d X 30’w space, etc. Exhibitors must provide table, chairs, and tent.
Exhibitor Entry Fees:
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL
Standard Booth 10’dx10w’ DUE 9/7/18
Example: 10dx30w tent
Based within Franklin Township
$55.00 x Extra Width
$65.00 x Extra Width
$25.00 x Extra Width
Deadline: Friday, September 7, 2018
FRANKLIN DAY FESTIVAL EXHIBITOR RULES AND REGULATIONS
In submitting an exhibitor application, you are accepting responsibility for complying with the following exhibitor responsibilities and guidelines. Applicants must be 18 years or older. All applicants must submit an application form, the appropriate fee, plus any other submissions required in the agreement to the Franklin Day Festival (FDF) Committee.
EXHIBITOR REGISTRATION FEE
- Checks should be made payable to: Franklin Township—FDF.
- Once your payment has been processed you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Your payment reserves your space for the Festival.
- Exhibitors MUST be open for business by 11:30 am on Saturday, September 22, 2018.
- Booth set-up may begin as early as 8:00 am on Saturday, September 22nd and must be finished by 11:30 am at which time; all vehicles must be removed from the festival area.
- Exhibitors will not be allowed entry on to Lot C after 11:00 am. All cars must be cleared from LOT C NO LATER THAN 11:30. Exhibitors arriving after 11:30 are required to park in general parking and carry their equipment and/or merchandise to their designated table location.
- Exhibitor’s area must be staffed during the entire time that the event is open to the public.
- Exhibitor’s area may not extend beyond the limits of their booth.
- The exhibitor is responsible for supplying all of the elements needed for their operation, including canopy/tents, lighting, tables, and chairs. Banners and signs must look professional.
- Exhibitor locations will be assigned by the Festival Committee. Please include any special requests along with your paperwork. We will do our best to accommodate all requests, but cannot promise anyone a specific spot at the Festival.
- The Franklin Day Festival Committee will try to accommodate any special needs which are reasonable and achievable upon proper previous notification to the Franklin Day Festival Committee of these special needs.
- Handicapped parking will be provided onsite in designated areas. Any exhibitor needing this parking should notify the Franklin Day Festival Committee of such needs.
- The booth exhibit must be in order by 11:30 am. The Festival officially opens at 12:00 pm. Exhibitor CANNOT break down their booth until 5:00 pm. ALL BOOTHS MUST REMAIN OPEN FROM 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Any exhibitor who fails to set up for the festival by the time specified shall forfeit the space(s) assigned and no refund of payment(s) for said space shall be given by the Franklin Day Committee to the exhibitor concerned.
- Please note that the festival ends at 5:00 pm. No cars will be permitted on the Festival grounds until a substantial number of the crowd has dispersed to allow for pedestrians to safely exit. Announcements
will be made once vehicle exiting is permitted.
DECORATIONS AND HOUSEKEEPING
- The appearance and presentation of your booth is critical to the overall feeling of the Festival and to your success.
- All booths should be neat, attractive, and well-maintained throughout the event. Maintenance of the exhibit areas and its immediate vicinity will be the responsibility of the exhibitor.
- Exhibitors are responsible for the removal of all their set up and the cleanup of trash from their designated area. Trash receptacles are located throughout the event area. If you have excessive trash please bring your own trash bags and clean up after your area.
- All booths utilizing tables shall have table cloths extending to the ground. No boxes, extra merchandise or debris should be visible. If a tent is used, it must be weighted down.
- Electricity will not be supplied to the exhibitor. Battery and solar power devices are permitted. However, generators are prohibited.
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, TOBACCO PRODUCTS AND FIREARMS
- No sales, use, or possession of alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, or firearms is permitted. If an exhibitor or their worker/volunteer violates the above rule, that exhibitor will be removed from the Festival and barred from participation in future events.
- Although there will be police presence at the event, exhibitors shall be responsible for the safekeeping of their exhibits, displays, merchandise and supplies. The Franklin Day Festival Committee shall not be responsible for the loss, theft or destruction of the same.
HOLD HARMLESS PROVISION
- All exhibitors shall understand and agree that the Franklin Day Festival Committee, the Township of Franklin and their agents, employees, and volunteers shall be held harmless from any liability arising from the use of exhibit or vending space(s).
- It is further understood and agreed upon that neither the Franklin Day Festival Committee, the Township of Franklin and their agents, employees, and volunteers shall be responsible for any loss, damage or injury due to theft, fire, explosion, vandalism, or arising out of failure of electric power or related equipment, or for any act or force of nature, civil commotion or disasters of any kind, or for any other condition beyond their control resulting to persons, equipment, merchandise, display or exhibitor space contents.
- Exhibitors understand that the festival is an outdoor event and as such their property shall be subject to the elements. Exhibitors and vendor acknowledge and understand that the Township of Franklin does not and cannot assume any responsibility for the natural effects of the weather, winds, rain, or other causes, directly or indirectly, which are sometimes referred to as Acts of God.
- All exhibitors shall assume all responsibilities for any damage resulting from the operation of their exhibit, product, or service. All exhibitors shall be liable for any violation of law and none shall have claim upon the Township of Franklin or their agents. Insurance coverage desired by an exhibitor shall be at his/her own expense.
- The Franklin Day Festival Committee shall be the sole authority for closing, canceling, or reducing the hours of the festival for the safety of the visiting public and/or exhibitors, vendors, employees, and volunteers
- All exhibitors shall restrict their sales, solicitations, promotional activities and devices, signs, posters, and handouts to be within the specific, designated unit of space to which they have been assigned. No extension outside of assigned space into adjoining spaces or areas is permitted.
- All space(s), for which an application has been submitted, shall be used by the applicant/organization. No other group or individual shall be permitted to utilize said space(s) nor shall the space(s) be sold, transferred, sublet or assigned by any exhibitor without prior approval from the Franklin Day Festival Committee.
- All tents personally provided by the selected exhibitor shall be capable of being set-up so that all components of the tent and tent anchoring system are within the allotted space.
- All audio devices, players and/or equipment used by an exhibitor shall be kept at a low enough volume level so as not to disturb or interfere with any adjacent exhibitors or vendors.
- All exhibitors shall be prohibited from selling, distributing or possessing fireworks of any kind, items that explode upon percussion (caps, “bang torpedoes”, stink bombs, etc.), firearms, toy guns of any kind, knives of any sort, drug paraphernalia, martial arts paraphernalia, flammable sprays, super soaker type water guns, silly string spray or any items intended to inflict bodily harm or discomfort. Any other products that are judged by the Franklin Day Festival Committee to be undesirable for the best interest of the festival shall not be allowed.
- Any procedure that causes the piercing of a person’s skin shall not be allowed. This includes such procedures as ear piercing and permanent tattooing.
- No counterfeit products shall be permitted to be sold at the festival. Selling counterfeit products shall be cause for your application(s) for space to be revoked and the exhibitors shall be escorted off the festival grounds.
- Smoking shall not be permitted in any vending space, food, or commercial areas.
- Cooking is not permitted in any commercial space at any time.
- All cylinders/tanks containing flammable/combustible compressed gas, used for any exhibit or vending purposes, must be properly secured at all times.
- There will be a 50% refund for reservation cancellation made prior to September 7.
- No refunds for reservations will be granted after September 7, 2018 unless there is a documented medical emergency.
- Cancellation requests must be made in writing only via mail to Franklin Day Festival, 475 DeMott Lane, Somerset, NJ 08873 or e-mail at Franklin.Day@franklinnj.gov.
- Credits may be issued at the sole discretion of the Franklin Day Festival Committee and the Township of Franklin.
- Any exhibitor who fails to set up for the festival by the time specified shall forfeit the space(s) assigned and no refund of payment(s) for said space shall be given by the Franklin Day Committee to the exhibitor or vendor concerned. The Franklin Day Festival Committee will review each occurrence and make an appropriate decision.
- No refunds shall be granted by the Franklin Day Festival Committee, the Township of Franklin and their agents nor shall any exhibitor/vendor be entitled to a refund on account of any loss or reduction in exhibit/vending hours as a result of, but not limited to, theft, fire, explosion, zombie apocalypse, vandalism, or arising out of failure of electric power or related equipment or for any act or force of nature, civil commotions or disasters of any kind, or for any other condition beyond their control resulting to persons, equipment, merchandise, display or exhibitor/vendor space contents, which result in the fair being delayed or cancelled.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- To maintain a variety of offerings to attendees, we reserve the right to limit the number of vendors in each category we accept.
- All animals permitted into the festival must have shade, water, and food readily available at all times. Animal waste pick up is the responsibility of the exhibitor. All animals must be leashed or secured in some way.
The Franklin Day Festival Committee reserves the absolute right to immediately compel the removal of any exhibitor if their actions or conduct cause a potential risk to the health, safety or welfare of festival patrons, staff or other vendors or exhibitors. Exhibitors that do not comply with the guidelines of the event will be asked to leave at any time and will not be permitted to return. Refunds will not be given for violations. Violators may also be denied exhibit or vendor space at future festivals.