This is our seventh annual Franklin Day Festival scheduled for Saturday, September 12, 2020 at Colonial Park, Somerset, NJ, from 12:00 pm until 5:00 pm in Lot C near the Children’s Playground. Due to the size and complexity of this one-day event no rain-date will be scheduled. Due to financial obligations and contractual commitments, there will be no refunds.
Please note that submitting an application is not a guarantee of festival participation as food vendor selections are based on ensuring the festival provides a diverse array of cost effective food options for the general public. Applications and payments should be submitted no later than Friday, May 1, 2020. To avoid processing delays please note that your completed application must include pages two, three and four of this document AND the following:
Your registration fee payable to the “Franklin Township-FDF”
Your additional $75 payment for a temporary food permit payable to the “Franklin Township – Clerks Office”
Your completed Temporary Food Permit application which can be obtained from Somerset County Department of Health Temporary Food Permit Application or you may request a permit application by sending an email to Franklin.Day@franklinnj.gov
Your photo of your booth display or food truck (photo may be uploaded with the online application or mailed with your application or sent separately via email to Franklin.Day@franklinnj.gov
The festival is an outdoor community-wide celebration organized by the Franklin Day Festival Committee. The event features live entertainment, an art show, a classic car show, over 150 exhibitor tables with a wide range of artisans, culinary fare, businesses, service providers, community organizations, as well as, a host of free attractions for children. The purpose of the Franklin Day Festival is to bring the community together while providing a showcase for Township businesses, industries, agencies, schools, community organizations and the amazing diversity that Franklin Township has to offer. As always, this event will be heavily promoted. Last year the festival attracted several thousand families from Somerset County and neighboring communities!
Food Vendor Space Rental
10' X 10' Space
10' x 20' Space
20' x 20' Space
Each additional foot of frontage (W) $15.00
COOKING & HEATING FOOD
All applicants must agree to an inspection by the Franklin Township Department of Fire Prevention at your Franklin Day Festival Site. Upon request, food vendor must show flammability certificate or manufacturer’s tag indicating flame retardant materials if using a tent. Documentation must be available at all times during the festival.
CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE
Food Vendors are required to submit a current and valid Certificate of Insurance with their application. A certificate of insurance naming the Township of Franklin additionally insured must be received no later than Friday, August 21, 2020.
TEMPORARY FOOD LICENSE
- A Somerset County Department of Health, Temporary Food Establishment Permit, is required by all food vendors which can be obtained from Somerset County Department of Health Temporary Food Permit Application or you may request a permit application by sending an email to Franklin.Day@franklinnj.gov
- By submitting this application, you agree to an inspection by the Somerset County Department of Health at your Franklin Day Festival Site.
- Each Temporary Food Establishment Permit is subject to a separate $75.00 fee made payable to Franklin Township Clerk’s Office. This check must be separate from application fee.
Completed applications and payments should be returned no later than May 1, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be accepted and space will not be secured until payment is received. Method of payment accepted includes check and money order only. We are unable to accept credit cards at this time. Application and payment should be mailed to: Franklin Parks & Recreation - Franklin Day Festival; 505 DeMott Lane, Somerset, NJ 08873.
Questions? Contact (732) 873-2500, ext. 6428 or Franklin.Day@franklinnj.gov.
FRANKLIN DAY FESTIVAL FOOD VENDOR RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Franklin Day Festival Committee (FDFC) believes in equal opportunities for all vendors and we will actively seek fair evaluation of all applications. We do not allow personal beliefs to conflict with application consideration. In selecting participants, criteria may include menu items, past history, the promptness of application arrival, and event area accommodations. The FDFC reserves the right
to deny acceptance of any vendor if past experience or other factors warrant exclusion. In submitting a vendor application and agreement, you are accepting responsibility for complying with the following vendor responsibilities and guidelines.
VENDOR REGISTRATION FEE
- Once approved, your payment reserves your space for the Festival.
- Checks should be made out to “Franklin Township-Franklin Day Festival”
- Food vendors must be ready for inspection at 10:00 a.m.
- Food Vendors MUST be open for business by 11:00 am on Saturday, September 12th
- Booth set-up may begin as early as 7:00 am on Saturday, September 12th and must be finished by 11:00 am at which time; all vehicles must be removed from the festival area.
- Vendors area must be staffed during the entire time that the event is open to the public.
- Vendors area may not extend beyond the limits of their booth space or into any side space.
- The Vendor is responsible for supplying all of the elements needed for their operation, including cooking equipment, generator, propane, tents, lighting, tables and chairs. Banners and signs must look professional.
- Inspections will be conducted by the Somerset County Health Department and the Franklin Township Office of Fire Prevention beginning at 10:00 a.m. Inspection failure will result in the closure of your booth and forfeiture of any and all fees.
- Upon request, food vendor must show flammability certificate or manufacturer’s tag indicating flame retardant materials if using a tent. Documentation must be available at all times during the festival. (NFPA 701: Standard Methods of Fire Tests for Flame Propagation of Textiles and Films compliance)
- Vendor locations will be assigned by the Festival Committee. Please include any special requests along with your paperwork. We will do our best to accommodate all requests, but cannot promise anyone a specific spot at the Festival.
- The Festival officially opens at 12:00 pm. The booth must be in order by 11:00 am. Vendor may not break down booth until 5:00 pm.
- Vendor will be open for business during festival hours, regardless of the weather. The Festival Committee must approve any deviation from posted hours.
DECORATIONS AND HOUSEKEEPING
- The overall appearance and presentation of your booth is critical to the overall feeling of the Festival and to your retail success. Décor and cleanliness are an essential part of the Festival, so please keep in mind the emphasis on design and sanitary conditions when planning your booth.
- All food vendors shall clearly display in plain sight to the public a menu listing all of the items being sold and the price for each item as approved by the Franklin Day Festival Committee. These signs must be visible and clearly displayed on each of the serving sides.
- All food vendors shall advertise and only sell those food items that have been approved and assigned by the Franklin Day Festival Committee.
- All booths should be neat, attractive and well-maintained throughout the event. Housekeeping of the exhibit areas and its immediate vicinity will be the responsibility of the Vendor.
- All booths utilizing tables shall have table cloths extending to the ground. No boxes, extra merchandise or debris should be visible. If a tent is used, it must be weighted down.
- Vendors are responsible for the removal of all their set up and the cleanup of trash from their designated area. Trash receptacles are located throughout the event area. If you have excessive trash please bring your own trash bags and clean up after your area.
- Electricity is not provided. All generators must be quiet and without fumes.
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, TOBACCO PRODUCTS AND FIREARMS
- No sales, use or possession of alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, or firearms is permitted. If vendor or their worker/volunteer violates the above rule, that vendor will be removed from the Festival and barred from participation in future events.
SUBLETTING OF BOOTH SPACE
- Subletting of booth space is strictly prohibited.
- There will be a 50% charge for contracts cancelled more than 30 days prior to the Festival. NO refunds for contracts cancelled within 30 days prior to the event. Cancellation requests are to be made only in writing and only by mail to Franklin.Day@franklinnj.gov. YOU MUST RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION OF YOUR CANCELLATION E-MAIL. All refunds are at the sole discretion of the Franklin Day Festival Committee and the Township of Franklin.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
In case of potential inclement weather please check the event website at franklintwpnj.org or the by calling 732-873-2500 x6428 for event details.